How would it feel to lay your head down at night knowing you’ve done everything to be the best parent possible? Better yet, what if you felt 100% confident that the way you parent feels right for you and is the best approach toward your children feeling loved, honored, and validated?
ignite your passion...
Are you a parent who feels challenged with growing demands trying every strategy, but frustrated with the results?
Do you sometimes respond to your kids with whatever comes to mind, without purposeful thought, and then regret it later?
Do you worry that you are missing something that could significantly affect your children later in life?
- Worry about balancing support while also encouraging independence.
- Waste time and energy battling power struggles.
- Want to be more confident in your parenting style and approach.
If any of this sounds like you, then I hereby declare you NORMAL.
I’ve been there. In some ways, I’ll always be there. However, I also believe there’s hope. There are no guarantees, but it is possible to more confidently parent with purpose and passion.
After nearly 30 years into this journey, I have discovered critical core values on which to build a solid family foundation.
- Children are worthy of love and joy without condition.
- Children learn best through healthy boundaries and communication.
- Children behave best when they feel valued and accepted.
- Children thrive only when trust is built and maintained with caregivers.
Mostly, I no longer agree with the belief that parents’ primary role is to tame children through the use of punishments and rewards.
What if instead of punishing and bribing you could gently uncover the real issues and find solutions that work? Wouldn’t it feel great to parent alongside your kids knowing you’re building a healthy relationship that will last a lifetime?
If this is you, then you’re in the right place.
I’m Tammy, a teacher and parent, creator of Tammy’s Teachings.
“If we are to parent well, then we must learn to parent intentionally, free from unconscious beliefs and habits. Only then can we fully ignite our passion through parenting.” ~ Tammy Harris
“I was a wonderful parent before I had children.” ~ Adele Faber
If I had it to do over again, I would…
- Light up when they entered the room.
- Model healthy vulnerability.
- Accept emotional needs with empathy and without judgment.
- Play more.
- Punish less.
- Show unconditional love even when, especially when, they didn’t meet my expectations.
I’ve learned a lot since the 1990s. Thankfully, it’s never too late to become a better parent. It’s now 2020. Parenting is more complicated than ever!
If your desire is to parent in ways that completely align with your values, eliminating the heavy burden of societies’ hidden expectations, then you’re in the right place.
Join me and an ever-growing group of parents as we learn to parent with purpose and passion.
Want more parenting tips and fun stuff delivered straight to your inbox?